Sign in to follow this  
AntiMetaman

Anime Banlist Discussion

Anime Banlist Discussion

Have any suggestions or feedback about the anime banlist in YGOPro Percy? Discuss it here. Post any cards you think that should be on the banlist or should be changed in the banlist.

I can say many things about this banlist but for now i just want to state my opinion on some cards that are too obviously overpowered and imo need to be hit/banned asap.

1. Number's Evaille - from Limited to Banned - The most op card in general and also one of the most abused online for cheap INSTANT wins,also limited is enough for 99% ftk decks to exist.
  2. Prominence - from Unlimited to Banned - If Raigeki and Harpie's Feather Duster are banned then their ceasefire baby deserves their fate unquestionably.(Yes you can equip it to opponent's monsters and blow up everything they have.)
  3. Number 88: Gimmick Puppet of Leo - from Unlimited to Banned - Easiest alt win condition to pull off also used in 99% ftk decks and just unfair and plain bad dice roll gameplay.
  4. Bahamut Shark (Anime) - from Unlimited to Limited - Just another generic anime rank 4 that is too strong to have at more than 1 like anime 101,giant hand,ship of corn etc, etc which are already at 1.Cuz of the freakin' toad of course...
  5. The Seal of Orichalcos (UDE) - from Unlimited to Banned - Costless handtrap solemn judgement.I seriously think this is enough said.Its not even an anime card and otherwise illegal so...
  6. Ninja Commando Kabuki - from Unlimited to Limited - Simple engine of 3 copies of this card and 1 flame armor ninja = 1 card 2 xyz.With bahamut thats 3 xyz.Think about that for a sec.
  7. Call of the Living Dead -  from Limited to Banned - Soul Charge is Banned and this isn't. What ?
  8. "Rank-up-Magic Astral Force(Anime)","Double- Rank-up-Magic Utopia Force" and"Rank-up Spider Web" -All three Banned - All cards do the same thing - grant access to monsters they were not supposed to too easily Most commonly used to summon CDI.Turning any rank 4 into a Cyber Dragon Infinity and with the utopia one 2!!! Unacceptable imo.
  9. And Boss cards need to be banned they just do not belong in Anime Banlist if players want to use those they can always use N/A against players that want to face those kind of decks because most are OP to the level of Evaille outside of their own decks.
  10. Virus Cannon (Anime) - From Unlimited to Banned - This is one of the few anime cards that have no pics and for some reason most of them are very very overpowered.
  11. Anti-Magic Arrows - From Unlimited to Banned - A better ''Cold Wave''.No hesitation.No further explanation needed.Also has no pic.
  12. Card Hexative - From Unlimited to Banned - Even better than Anti-Magic Arrows in most situations for lasting indefinitely.Also has no pic.
  13. Final Attack Orders (Anime) - From Unlimited to Banned - No single card in the game with no specific activation requirements or costs should affect the duel so much and can also be abused in infernoid , lightsworns and many other decks to probably win the game right then and there.Also has no pic.
  14. "Don Thousand/Spell A and Don Thousand/Spell B - Both banned. If boss cards are not getting touched for now at least ban those 2 because they win the game instantly.

Thats all i can recall on top of my head for now and definitely the most game breaking for anime players looking for fun games.

EDIT: Also AntiMetaman if you have time please i'd like to know for which suggested changes you disagree.I added a few more broken cards too that are no question OP.

Thanks I agree with most of these. I just haven't found the time yet to send a new update for the banlist. If you find more, just edit your posts. Also use the number list button when you make a post so it is arranged.

Going off of what I normally deal with on OCG list and following should be taken with some thought.

1. Rescue Rabbit to semi-limited. OCG currently has this at 3 and not like anime adds much more normal monsters, however should not put at full unlimited without more data. With links coming, I don't see this becoming a huge issue.
2. Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the end to unlimited. It was errata not to long ago and with not that much impact. Not the anime version, the TCG/OCG version.
3. Rescue Cat to limited. Same reason as above, was changed with not that much impact however should be closely watched.
4. Sangan to limited. Despite the OCG change, there is quite a few strong anime cards under 1500 atk. Limiting this would open some options yet not making it op.
5. Wavering Eyes to limited. OCG did this a while back and keeping it at one hasn't done much. With the zones being apart of the s/t zone, this would maybe boost some anime pendulum decks without breaking it with multiple copys.

6. Kaiser Colosseum to limited. OCG has this at 3 and with no meta decks even using it. Anime cards could maybe abuse it so a full unlimited might be too much. Another card to closely watch if changed.
7. Chicken game to limited. The reason this card was ban due to a combo with life equalizer. There is no reason to keep both ban however keeping it unlimited could be too much. Limited would give some interesting duels without crossing the OP zone. 
8. Skill drain to semi-limited. Can understand some people hate this card in TCG however in OCG, it runs free with not much impact. Considering there is quite a few strong effect monsters in anime, this could balance some things out without being too much at 3.
9. Armagedoon Knight to semi-limited. Games going to slow down a tad with links and its 3 in TCG. Putting at 3 would be too much but 2 could help older anime decks.
10. Elemental Hero Stratos to limited. This banned on top of shadow mist kills hero anime. This being at 2 however could be too much as a impact so 1 could bring heros back while keeping it healthy.
11. Gold Sarcophagus to unlimited. Its a slow card and most people don't pack more then 2 anyway. The impact this would have even if you can have 4 in a deck is small. 3 With a eye on it.

12. Seal of Orichalcos (UDE) to ban. Move monster to spell/trap zone isn't fully working yet and its a 500 atk to everything without the downsides of the OCG, allowing earthbounds and other field heavy depending cards to run free and large level xyz monsters. Also for the same reason as Rosen said. This needs to go.
13. Soul drain to semi-limited. Same reasons as skill drain. 
14. Freezing Dance [anime] to ban. This plus floodgate trap hole plus barrier plus a bunch of other anti flood gates is a bit too much, even at limited. People can use this with N/A list to stop OP but other wise, I think it should go to ban.
15. Infernity Barrier to semi-limited. OCG has all Infernity cards unlimited with minimal impact however anime has a big more stronger cards. With the power creep though, this at 2 could make the game a bit more healthy for that archtype without it being OP.
16. Ojama Trio to unlimited. Using this with links coming = giving your opp a free link. Can't see it being abused with that in mind.

17. Ability Limitation [anime] to semi-limited. This on top of skill drain (assuming it gets changed) would be too much if left free however unlike skill drain, it has a cost that could be more. Keeping at 2 would prevent abuse of a no effect deck while keeping it usable.
18. Ancient Gear Spark shot [anime] to semi limited. I can see a graveyard loop happening with this as ancient gears keep getting new support over time. Limiting it to 1 without proof of such is too much so semi-limited would be 2nd best option.
19. Infinite Aura [anime] to semi-limited. LP gain deck plus this = just gota keep it alive and out last op and it even applys if you take damage from your own card effect. Limiting would be too much so 2nd best option to semi-limited.
20. Hope for escape [anime] to semi-limited. Exodia Hope FTK is a thing in OCG and with this version, its much stronger. Keeping it at semi-limited would keep that FTK in check while keeping it useful.
21. Red-Eye Darkness Metal Dragon [anime] to semi-limited. Trying to understand why this is limited considering the TCG/OCG version is much stronger and easyer to bring out, however I can kinda seeing giving the red-eyes archtype too much of a boost so semi-limited could work.
22. Wisdom-eye Magician to semi-limited. Link change would hit this archtype in the anime list if this is left unchanged. Should go to 2 like everyone else is.

Quite sure most of the OCG/TCG cards won't change as its the anime list but putting it down anyway to consider.

12. Seal of Orichalcos (UDE) to ban. Move monster to spell/trap zone isn't fully working yet and its a 500 atk to everything without the downsides of the OCG, allowing earthbounds and other field heavy depending cards to run free and large level xyz monsters. Also for the same reason as Rosen said. This needs to go.
This card is already illegal and ygopro now has "illegal" ot status so we can prevent people from using this card.
14. Freezing Dance [anime] to ban. This plus floodgate trap hole plus barrier plus a bunch of other anti flood gates is a bit too much, even at limited. People can use this with N/A list to stop OP but other wise, I think it should go to ban.
Vanity's Emptiness just got banned from the TCG. These continuous anti-summon cards prevent players from doing anything and hence do need to be banned.
17. Ability Limitation [anime] to semi-limited. This on top of skill drain (assuming it gets changed) would be too much if left free however unlike skill drain, it has a cost that could be more. Keeping at 2 would prevent abuse of a no effect deck while keeping it usable.

This card is different from Skill Drain because it allows players to still activate effects by paying 500 LP. It doesn't need to be limited I think.
18. Ancient Gear Spark shot [anime] to semi limited. I can see a graveyard loop happening with this as ancient gears keep getting new support over time. Limiting it to 1 without proof of such is too much so semi-limited would be 2nd best option.

Can you find such loop? If you can, then we can do something about it but we cannot assume that there's a loop until we can find one.
19. Infinite Aura [anime] to semi-limited. LP gain deck plus this = just gota keep it alive and out last op and it even applys if you take damage from your own card effect. Limiting would be too much so 2nd best option to semi-limited.

Infinite Aura doesn't replace the damage with counters. The player still takes the damage. It's not helping LP gain decks.
20. Hope for escape [anime] to semi-limited. It can stack on top of TCG/OCG hope's and cause a FTK, however putting it at 1 would make it useless.

TCG/OCG cards have the same alias as their anime counterparts. Hence, you can still only have a maximum of 3 Hope for Escape in your deck even with anime cards. The only difference between the tcg/ocg and anime version is that the anime version requires only a 1000 LP difference, leading to more draw power.
21. Red-Eye Darkness Metal Dragon [anime] to semi-limited. Trying to understand why this is limited considering the TCG/OCG version is much stronger and easyer to bring out, however I can kinda seeing giving the red-eyes archtype too much of a boost so semi-limited could work.

The reason this card is limited is because it is limited in both tcg and ocg lists.

Out of all these suggestions, Freezing Dance should be banned. :)

I cannot find a current loop for Ancient Gear Spark Shot. I did however find a OTK loop with Galaxy Journey. The loop does require 3 key cards to pull off, something like micro cosmos on the field, and Galaxy Journey. 

Attached file is a replay for ygopro one of said loop. This is just a example of one of the things you can do. Considering there are cards also that do damage via dying by battle, you could just take one of them and keep hitting it vs your opp's monster as well.

Considering it requires a bit of step up and the easy staple remove from play cards are limited, this should be limited as well as I'm sure there are anime cards that banish easier as well, even if its just a turn.

Galaxy Journey Loop.yrp

Gladiator Beast Tamer Editor to limited or banned, it can easilly create a devastating loop

you just need 1 GBT Editor on the field

1 With GBT editor, summon another GBT editor, that summon another GBT ( Mostly Gizarus for destruction)

2 if the opponent have monster, use GBT editor effect to destroy them and burn at the same time

3 return the 2 GBT to summon the third copy, start again from step 1, you ended with a free GB fusion on your field

a similar loop can be done with only 2 copy

1 with GBT on the field, activate to summon gizarus destroying 2 cards

2 if the opponent have monster, use GBT editor effect to destroy them and burn at the same time

3 use Editor and Gizarus to summon the second editor, start again on step 1

the loop is easy to do and a sure OTK since you can end up with a field of 3 editor + Gladiator Beast Andabatae + heraklinos (2400*3+ 4000 + 3000 = 14200)

@cybercatman Alright, I'll add that to the banlist. Thx for the feedback.

@Gideon I see, but there are many loops with banishing already. The Arcana Force World Lock for example uses 2 dd scouts, 1 strike ninja, and 1 arcana force the world. If this card is shown to be abuseable in the next format, we can think about it. Right now, the cards we would preemptively ban without giving them a chance at all, would be ones that are very obvious like too much draw power or OTKs.

Agreed. I guess we should wait a bit longer on that one and just keep a eye on it.

2 more cards that I ran into today.

1. Scrap-Iron Pitfall to limited. Reusable single floodgate that can shutdown a whole deck that dependent on ss's. It does have the weakness of not working on multiple monsters and it being a target for something like twin twisters so a full ban could be too much. 

2. Scrap-Iron Barricade to limited. Reusable monster protect. Considering Forbidden Dress does the same thing but only once, it can be considering a bit too strong. Like Pitfall, weakness of single target and being hit by twin twisters so full ban could be too much.

i have no ideia of card so im just sugesting that
1. zarc [anime] (also any boss card) - banned or limited: it's a OP card that hard to be dealed.
2. Astrograph Sorcerer (Anime) - limited: this card is to much OP and can bring zarc so easy.
3. Supreme King's Wrath - banned: this card can be used to fill the field much easy as well being hard to deal later.
4. Supreme king gate zero & infinity - limited or banned: it can be used to make a op combo.
5. Supreme king dance - banned: this card can be used to force you opponent attack, also give more protection to zarc card.
6. rank-up-magic cipher shock - limited: this card negate attack, xyz summon and they negate effect's, wich sure can be used for a op combo or at least being hard to opponent deal with.

7. dis-swing fusion - limited: this card can be very hard to be dealed.
8. odd-eyes phantasma dragon - limited: this card is easy summonable, also once it get extra deck is even more easy to summon.
9. Card of Demise (anime) - limited: just give a high draw that discard 5 turn later, wich can make great diference.
10. magical hammer (anime) - limited: the anime version shuffle itself to so additing 1 off this card is enought.

1 hour ago, andré said:

i have no ideia of card so im just sugesting that
1. zarc [anime] (also any boss card) - banned or limited: it's a OP card that hard to be dealed.
2. Astrograph Sorcerer (Anime) - limited: this card is to much OP and can bring zarc so easy.
3. Supreme King's Wrath - banned: this card can be used to fill the field much easy as well being hard to deal later.
4. Supreme king gate zero & infinity - limited or banned: it can be used to make a op combo.
5. Supreme king dance - banned: this card can be used to force you opponent attack, also give more protection to zarc card.
6. rank-up-magic cipher shock - limited: this card negate attack, xyz summon and they negate effect's, wich sure can be used for a op combo or at least being hard to opponent deal with.

7. dis-swing fusion - limited: this card can be very hard to be dealed.
8. odd-eyes phantasma dragon - limited: this card is easy summonable, also once it get extra deck is even more easy to summon.
9. Card of Demise (anime) - limited: just give a high draw that discard 5 turn later, wich can make great diference.
10. magical hammer (anime) - limited: the anime version shuffle itself to so additing 1 off this card is enought.

1. Yes, banned.
  2. Yes, limited.
  3. Since #1 is banned, this card can stay unlimited.
  4. These cards can stay unlimited even with increased search, they by themselves cannot do much.
  5. This card will be limited. While it does force your opponent to attack, this isn't the first time in yugioh where a card effect does that. However, because this card is continuous, it can be abused over and over each turn. Hence, for now, let's do limited.
  6. Yes, limited.
  7. Yes, limited.
  8. Actually banned. It only requires a pendulum monster for a free summon and it lowers the ATK of all opponnent's monsters.
  9. This is already banned and will stay that way because of the free draw.
  10. This is already banned and will stay that way because of the free draw and recycle.

@Gideon Yea Pitfall will be limited. However, Barricade can stay unlimited because it only protects from card effects, not battle.

Thanks for the feedback. :)