Sign in to follow this  
Guest [Shade]

Invoked Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Guest [Shade]

Hey there. I'm trying to make a Invoked Blue-Eyes White Dragon deck. I'm not sure what to do from here on out, I'm considering adding some more traps so that Mechaba has more cover. Or perhaps I should do something entirely else. Suggestions are most certainly welcome. 

Capture.JPG.eccef8d10ce11fa1f9bb83ba6dec74bc.JPG

View full deck

Hey there, good to see another person interested in Invoked BEWD. Love the deck, and I've found a lot of success with my variant. Here are my suggestions for the Main Deck...

NOTE: I am going to assume you want to keep the Main Deck at 40 cards.

1. You really don't need 3 Invocations. Cut it down to 2 at most. Even 1 is enough for the deck to function, but 2 gives you that chance to fusion summon twice. Between 1 and 2, it's really just whether you want to go for a bit more consistency vs being able to extend your plays more.
  2. You definitely need Terraforming (1 or 2) in the deck to help you get the Invoker plays out fast. In the current meta, negations is everything and so Invokers to get you Mechaba is priority.
  3. To be completely honest I am not too sure about the Dragon Shrine. The most I see it doing for you is sending a stone to the grave which I think you already have enough ways to do so regardless of Shrine.
    1. In case you need me to explain, here is the list of the ways you can discard  the stones (if you want a way to directly send the stone from the deck to grave, then I guess you can keep the Shrines). You have the 2 TT, 1 or 2 Invocation, 3 Melody, 3 Aleister which search for the Invocations, and 3 Magical Meltdown which search for Aleister making for a total of 12-13 cards in the deck which can let you send a stone to the grave from the hand.
    2. If you add the Terraformings which search for Magical Meltdown, then that's 14-15 cards that you can use to discard the stones. Maybe take both of the shrines out for 2 copies of Terraforming and put in a third Dimensional Barrier as you mentioned you wanted another trap, and it is staple to run 3 D-Barriers.
  4. I don't really think that Dragon Spirit of White is necessary. If you want to run it, then only 1 copy. 
    1. If you decide to take the 2nd copy out, then you can add in 1 Effect Veiler or 1 Maxx "C" to fill in the last spot in your deck.

Next I will make suggestions about your Extra Deck.

1. First and foremost, I don't think it's effective to run Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon as it's a bit tougher to summon and isn't good unless it's the only face-up card on the field. If you really want to run it, then take out one of the Terraforming from before and put in a Dragon's Mirror (or you can just keep the 2 Terraforming and put in a Dragon's Mirror for a 41 card Main Deck).
    1. If you decide to not run the Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragons, then put in a Invoked Magellanica to counter Zoodiacs and a Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand or a True King of All Calamities (this is in case you have to Mechaba on the field and no good discard fodder).
      1. Note: True King of All Calamities is better known as True King V.F.D., The Beast and is released to the TCG in Maximum Crisis which comes out next week. 
  2. Take out the Prime Photon Dragon for No.95 Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon or Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon (which if it gets destroyed with Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon will revive it as a 3K beater).

That's all I can think of right now. Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sun Tzu 孙子

Guest [Shade]
On 2017-4-27 at 9:49 PM, Sun Tzu said:

Hey there, good to see another person interested in Invoked BEWD. Love the deck, and I've found a lot of success with my variant. Here are my suggestions for the Main Deck...

NOTE: I am going to assume you want to keep the Main Deck at 40 cards.

1. You really don't need 3 Invocations. Cut it down to 2 at most. Even 1 is enough for the deck to function, but 2 gives you that chance to fusion summon twice. Between 1 and 2, it's really just whether you want to go for a bit more consistency vs being able to extend your plays more.
  2. You definitely need Terraforming (1 or 2) in the deck to help you get the Invoker plays out fast. In the current meta, negations is everything and so Invokers to get you Mechaba is priority.
  3. To be completely honest I am not too sure about the Dragon Shrine. The most I see it doing for you is sending a stone to the grave which I think you already have enough ways to do so regardless of Shrine.
    1. In case you need me to explain, here is the list of the ways you can discard  the stones (if you want a way to directly send the stone from the deck to grave, then I guess you can keep the Shrines). You have the 2 TT, 1 or 2 Invocation, 3 Melody, 3 Aleister which search for the Invocations, and 3 Magical Meltdown which search for Aleister making for a total of 12-13 cards in the deck which can let you send a stone to the grave from the hand.
    2. If you add the Terraformings which search for Magical Meltdown, then that's 14-15 cards that you can use to discard the stones. Maybe take both of the shrines out for 2 copies of Terraforming and put in a third Dimensional Barrier as you mentioned you wanted another trap, and it is staple to run 3 D-Barriers.
  4. I don't really think that Dragon Spirit of White is necessary. If you want to run it, then only 1 copy. 
    1. If you decide to take the 2nd copy out, then you can add in 1 Effect Veiler or 1 Maxx "C" to fill in the last spot in your deck.

Next I will make suggestions about your Extra Deck.

1. First and foremost, I don't think it's effective to run Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon as it's a bit tougher to summon and isn't good unless it's the only face-up card on the field. If you really want to run it, then take out one of the Terraforming from before and put in a Dragon's Mirror (or you can just keep the 2 Terraforming and put in a Dragon's Mirror for a 41 card Main Deck).
    1. If you decide to not run the Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragons, then put in a Invoked Magellanica to counter Zoodiacs and a Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand or a True King of All Calamities (this is in case you have to Mechaba on the field and no good discard fodder).
      1. Note: True King of All Calamities is better known as True King V.F.D., The Beast and is released to the TCG in Maximum Crisis which comes out next week. 
  2. Take out the Prime Photon Dragon for No.95 Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon or Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon (which if it gets destroyed with Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon will revive it as a 3K beater).

That's all I can think of right now. Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sun Tzu 孙子

Woah, bit late here.

But thanks for the feedback, that's good feedback. I just started Invoked BEWD so I don't know alot about them yet. It seems you know your stuff so I really appreciate that.

I did get the same advice about Invocation and Terraforming, so now I have 2 of both of them in my deck.

You make a good point about Dragon Shrine though. It's been a good card in my pure BEWD Decks, but with the Invoked part there are now alot of other ways to discard. The thing about Dragon Shrine is that I can easily discard a Stone whenever I want to. Otherwise I just have to draw it. And I only run 3 of them in total.

As for Dragon Spirit of White, well it's another Target for Sage and Ancients, and some more anti S/T never hurts. Especially in this format.

As for the extra deck, I did severely change it. Anti Zoodiac does sound nice though.

78o8xxS.jpg

So that is my new deck. Maybe I put Dragon Shrine at 1 or maybe even completely remove them. Not sure yet. Extra Deck might change as well. Thanks again.

11 hours ago, [Shade] said:

Woah, bit late here.

But thanks for the feedback, that's good feedback. I just started Invoked BEWD so I don't know alot about them yet. It seems you know your stuff so I really appreciate that.

I did get the same advice about Invocation and Terraforming, so now I have 2 of both of them in my deck.

You make a good point about Dragon Shrine though. It's been a good card in my pure BEWD Decks, but with the Invoked part there are now alot of other ways to discard. The thing about Dragon Shrine is that I can easily discard a Stone whenever I want to. Otherwise I just have to draw it. And I only run 3 of them in total.

As for Dragon Spirit of White, well it's another Target for Sage and Ancients, and some more anti S/T never hurts. Especially in this format.

As for the extra deck, I did severely change it. Anti Zoodiac does sound nice though.

78o8xxS.jpg

So that is my new deck. Maybe I put Dragon Shrine at 1 or maybe even completely remove them. Not sure yet. Extra Deck might change as well. Thanks again.

I'm glad I could be of some help to you. Based off of the current version of your deck, here's some advice. I'll only cover the Main Deck as I think you can fix your Extra as necessary, but if you want some advice on it then post on the thread or message me on discord.

1. You really should be running 3 Aleisters. As I mentioned before, getting out Mechaba early game (as in Turn 1-2) is really important in the current meta. Thus, I'd highly suggest taking out 1 Dragon Spirit of White or the Silver's Cry (which frankly speaking is far overshadowed by Return of the Dragon Lords) to add in the third Aleister.
  2. I think a lot of people agree on the notion that if you run Dimensional Barrier, then you need to run 3. I also think that having a second Terraforming would be more productive than having a single Dragon Shrine and will really help you get out Aleister out for Mechaba early game as you would have 3 Aleisters, 3 Magical Meltdown which search for it, and 2 Terraforming which search for Meltdown meaning a total of 8 cards to get you to Mechaba which means you have a 1/5 = 20% chance compared to your current 3/20 = 15% chance to start with it. Thus I'd suggest you take out both Dragon Shrines for the third Dimensional Barrier and the second Terraforming.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sun Tzu 孙子

Guest [Shade]
3 hours ago, Sun Tzu said:

I'm glad I could be of some help to you. Based off of the current version of your deck, here's some advice. I'll only cover the Main Deck as I think you can fix your Extra as necessary, but if you want some advice on it then post on the thread or message me on discord.

1. You really should be running 3 Aleisters. As I mentioned before, getting out Mechaba early game (as in Turn 1-2) is really important in the current meta. Thus, I'd highly suggest taking out 1 Dragon Spirit of White or the Silver's Cry (which frankly speaking is far overshadowed by Return of the Dragon Lords) to add in the third Aleister.
  2. I think a lot of people agree on the notion that if you run Dimensional Barrier, then you need to run 3. I also think that having a second Terraforming would be more productive than having a single Dragon Shrine and will really help you get out Aleister out for Mechaba early game as you would have 3 Aleisters, 3 Magical Meltdown which search for it, and 2 Terraforming which search for Meltdown meaning a total of 8 cards to get you to Mechaba which means you have a 1/5 = 20% chance compared to your current 3/20 = 15% chance to start with it. Thus I'd suggest you take out both Dragon Shrines for the third Dimensional Barrier and the second Terraforming.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sun Tzu 孙子

Some good ideas. I actually ran 2 Aleister because Invoked recycles so easily. So it felt like an overkill to run 3 of him. But he is indeed their main card so it would make sense to run 3.

Hmm yeah, I guess I will remove both Dragon Shrines for now. Although if the Deck gets a bit slow I think I will put atleast one back in again. To speed things up a little. Terraforming is a good card for this deck so 2 is indeed better. But I don't know if I should run a third D Barrier. Or D Barrier at all. With the latest format Extra Deck summoning has been on the decline. I actually have a card that goes well with pure BEWD to stop TD. But not in a combination deck, so I think that instead of a third D Barrier I will run 1 Bottomless Traphole. So I can take care of the TD as well.

772Rw4q.jpg

So this is how it would look like. 

51 minutes ago, [Shade] said:

Some good ideas. I actually ran 2 Aleister because Invoked recycles so easily. So it felt like an overkill to run 3 of him. But he is indeed their main card so it would make sense to run 3.

Hmm yeah, I guess I will remove both Dragon Shrines for now. Although if the Deck gets a bit slow I think I will put atleast one back in again. To speed things up a little. Terraforming is a good card for this deck so 2 is indeed better. But I don't know if I should run a third D Barrier. Or D Barrier at all. With the latest format Extra Deck summoning has been on the decline. I actually have a card that goes well with pure BEWD to stop TD. But not in a combination deck, so I think that instead of a third D Barrier I will run 1 Bottomless Traphole. So I can take care of the TD as well.

772Rw4q.jpg

So this is how it would look like. 

In an Invoked deck, Aleister must always be run at 3. To better understand why Aleister is so important that it should only be run at 3, check out the Guide to Invoked that I wrote. Your deck looks a LOT better than it did in the beginning. However, there are still things in the Main (and in the Extra but again that's up to you to experiment with unless you want me to give you advice) that I am bothered by and so here is my advice.

1. I think that if you do run D-Barrier then it must be at 3 so I'd take the 2 out if you are so unsure and go with 2 Solemn Strikes #solemnBrigade. Bottomless is a good card, but in the current meta I think that running Maxx "C" may be a better 1-off than Bottomless in this deck. You mentioned how you are worried about the lack of consistency with dropping the stones into the grave. Well Maxx "C" can a very effective hand-trap against the current meta which involves a lot of decks that special summon so many times in a single turn. Therefore, through Maxx "C" you can either stop your opponent from extending their plays too much or if they decide to continue extending plays you will be able to draw that many cards which can get you the resources needed to dump the stone from your hand to the grave. 
  2. If you still want to run Dragon Shrine, then I'd suggest dropping the Goliath and Arkbrave. They aren't completely essential for the deck to work though they are, admittedly, very useful in locking out your opponent and slowing them down heavily. Plus, you don't have a very reliable way of dumping Arkbrave early enough to make the lock very useful, so it may actually brick you more often rather than be a productive card. 
    1. If you wish to run Dragon Shrine with Goliath and Arkbrave to make it easier to dump the Arkbrave or the stones, then I'd suggest taking out 1 Dragon Spirit of White and 1 Return of the Dragon Lords OR the Bottomless/Maxx "C" that I mentioned in the first piece of advice.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sun Tzu 孙子

Guest [Shade]
33 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

In an Invoked deck, Aleister must always be run at 3. To better understand why Aleister is so important that it should only be run at 3, check out the Guide to Invoked that I wrote. Your deck looks a LOT better than it did in the beginning. However, there are still things in the Main (and in the Extra but again that's up to you to experiment with unless you want me to give you advice) that I am bothered by and so here is my advice.

1. I think that if you do run D-Barrier then it must be at 3 so I'd take the 2 out if you are so unsure and go with 2 Solemn Strikes #solemnBrigade. Bottomless is a good card, but in the current meta I think that running Maxx "C" may be a better 1-off than Bottomless in this deck. You mentioned how you are worried about the lack of consistency with dropping the stones into the grave. Well Maxx "C" can a very effective hand-trap against the current meta which involves a lot of decks that special summon so many times in a single turn. Therefore, through Maxx "C" you can either stop your opponent from extending their plays too much or if they decide to continue extending plays you will be able to draw that many cards which can get you the resources needed to dump the stone from your hand to the grave. 
  2. If you still want to run Dragon Shrine, then I'd suggest dropping the Goliath and Arkbrave. They aren't completely essential for the deck to work though they are, admittedly, very useful in locking out your opponent and slowing them down heavily. Plus, you don't have a very reliable way of dumping Arkbrave early enough to make the lock very useful, so it may actually brick you more often rather than be a productive card. 
    1. If you wish to run Dragon Shrine with Goliath and Arkbrave to make it easier to dump the Arkbrave or the stones, then I'd suggest taking out 1 Dragon Spirit of White and 1 Return of the Dragon Lords OR the Bottomless/Maxx "C" that I mentioned in the first piece of advice.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sun Tzu 孙子

O thanks for that. I should read that then.

And yeah, I've been playing this deck and the Invoked part now has a much bigger presence. I think I will add some more Invoked Cards to my Extra Deck. I'm thinking about a third Mechaba, Caliga and Magellacina as anti Zoo. 

Why exactly does D Barrier have to be 3? I don't see a problem with them being 2. Yes it's a smaller change I draw it at turn 1 and thus prevent my opponent from summoning their monsters. But it still negates their effects, so it isn't that bad. 

And I'm not sure if I should replace Bottomless Traphole for Maxx C. It's a good idea and a great card, but the trap also gives Mechaba more coverage. So the best would be to replace this trap, with another trap. Which could be D Barrier.

Hmm yes, with Invoked starting to play a bigger role in this  deck BEWD is getting smaller. It might indeed be better to remove them. I actually have a better idea to replace them with. I dunno if it's consistent, but a dear friend of mine gave me the idea yesterday. Drop Arkbrave and Goliath and add 2 Galaxy Soldiers to make Cyber Dragon Infinity. Does basically the same as Mechaba. Only doesn't rely on the hand and has more ATK. I think that would be the best option, if it's consistent. 

fItTiao.jpg

So that would make it like this. I removed Helios, a Spirit a Twin Burst, Crystal Wing and a First of the Dragons.

1 hour ago, [Shade] said:

O thanks for that. I should read that then.

And yeah, I've been playing this deck and the Invoked part now has a much bigger presence. I think I will add some more Invoked Cards to my Extra Deck. I'm thinking about a third Mechaba, Caliga and Magellacina as anti Zoo. 

Why exactly does D Barrier have to be 3? I don't see a problem with them being 2. Yes it's a smaller change I draw it at turn 1 and thus prevent my opponent from summoning their monsters. But it still negates their effects, so it isn't that bad. 

And I'm not sure if I should replace Bottomless Traphole for Maxx C. It's a good idea and a great card, but the trap also gives Mechaba more coverage. So the best would be to replace this trap, with another trap. Which could be D Barrier.

Hmm yes, with Invoked starting to play a bigger role in this  deck BEWD is getting smaller. It might indeed be better to remove them. I actually have a better idea to replace them with. I dunno if it's consistent, but a dear friend of mine gave me the idea yesterday. Drop Arkbrave and Goliath and add 2 Galaxy Soldiers to make Cyber Dragon Infinity. Does basically the same as Mechaba. Only doesn't rely on the hand and has more ATK. I think that would be the best option, if it's consistent. 

fItTiao.jpg

So that would make it like this. I removed Helios, a Spirit a Twin Burst, Crystal Wing and a First of the Dragons.

I'm happy that you're noticing how your deck is changing, and that it's changing in the right direction. 

I'd advise against going for Caliga or the third Mechaba. Think about it, do you think you'll really ever find yourself summoning all three Mechaba? For Caliga, consider that in the Main Deck you only have the Aleisters as valid materials for summoning it so I'd highly recommend against it as it really also doesn't anything productive in the deck. If you want to add something to the Extra, then take those two out and Prime Photon Dragon to put in 1 Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand, 1 True King of All Calamities (in case you have 2 Mechaba on the field and you don't have any good discard fodder) and 1 Cipher Blade. 

I'll be answering your questions in order of how you wrote them.

1. D-Barrier has to be at 3 since, being a Trap, it's too slow. It definitely is powerful, but it's not as overpowered as you may think it is. To add onto that logic, consider Solemn Strike. Both cards are at three due to how slow they are. You want to see both at the beginning of the duel, but you run the risk of them being useless used turn 1 if your opponent opens with Twin Twisters or any other S/T removal. The reason people say that D-Barrier outclasses Solemn Strike is since at least when Twin Twisters goes off you can activate it and make a random guess at your opponent's main summoning mechanic and since it lasts till the end of the turn. Therefore, you must run it at 3 to maximize your chances of seeing it early game.
    1. That said, you may ask why I recommended the two 2 Solemn Strikes to replace D-Barrier. The reason was since Solemn Warning is essentially the same thing as Solemn Strike, only it has more general coverage. So in reality, running 2 Strikes and 1 Warning pretty much equivalent to 3 of the same traps being run (kind of). Best case scenario really is if you decide to pitch the Bottomless and go for 3 D-Barrier and 1 Solemn Warning. 
  2. If you feel giving Merkabah additional coverage is important then that's fine. However, be aware that given the number of traps you have and the chances of your opponent having backrow of negations to stop you (assuming you're going 2nd which is most likely in a BEWD deck), the chances that Merkabah will cover for traps is rather slim so it may be better to just go for the Maxx "C". If you still feel a bit iffy about running the Maxx "C", then a good recovery card to go for is Soul Charge. 

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sun Tzu 孙子

Guest [Shade]

I mean, yeah? I'm getting situations where I just have a excess of Invocation in my hand and I just think: "I should have put in a Third Mechaba". I might indeed remove Caliga, great effect, and summonable, problem is indeed his stats. Which is a shame. So I think I will replace him with True King V.F.D. But I like to keep Prime Photon. It's a great beatstick. And yes I know I already have some awesome 3k and 4k Beatsticks, but in the face of a opponent with 5-6k, it's nice to know I have access to a 7k beatstick as well. 

That is certainly true, and in the last format I would have run that. But my problem is Master Peace and True Draco in general. They don't rely on the extra deck and are Meta, so it isn't a safe bet anymore to fully rely on D Barrier. So based on your advice, I think I would go for 2 Strikes, 1 Warning and 1 D Barrier. 

Well so far the Galaxy Soldiers haven't failed me yet. And why would  BEWD go most likely second? Especially in a Invoked Deck you'd be wanting to go first.

Yeah I'm not sure about Maxx "c". I'm not that good at recognizing when my opponent will make a play involving alot of SP Summons. So usually waste it, hence I stopped running it. It's mainly more that my skills aren't up to par for that card.

tQVbp3h.jpg

But I think this is a good solid deck. Thank you for helping me create it.